Meet Jake! He was christened last Fall wearing our Harrison Boys Christening Jumpsuit and Sweater. We were fortunate to have his mom, Sharron, share all kinds of photos and details from Jake’s christening. Sharron is a busy mom of three little ones (Joshua, Grace & Jake) and is also a successful photographer. On top of that, she manages to document all things inspiring and special to her on her blog, Lollipops and Little One’s (check it out!). Besides gushing over how adorable Jake looked in his Harrison outfit, we appreciated the ideas and suggestions Sharron had to share…and I think you will feel the same! Here are a few things that I gathered from what Sharron had to say.
- Plan well in advance! Sharron advices booking the christening date at the church prior to the baby’s arrival.
- Take all kinds of pictures and lots of them! Browse photos of Jake for inspiration.
- Have a friend help you take pictures on the day of the christening so you can relax and enjoy the day without that added stress. Sharron’s friend, Natalie Ross, was the one who captured photos of Jake on his special day.
- Don’t forget about the younger guests! How will they stay entertained?
- When planning the christening party, a good place to start is deciding your theme and colors.
After the christening, guests attended a reception for Jake at the Royal Wells Hotel. [blockquote source=”Sharron”]The room was decorated with white bunting and baby blue christening balloons and the cake table was decorated with a vintage theme including a battered old child’s suitcase, vintage birdcage for holding cards and a shabby chic framed picture of Jake in his christening outfit.[/blockquote] Don’t forget about sibling pictures and capturing all those expressions your baby makes! I love the sweet pictures of Jake with his older sister and brother and his cute expression in the picture of him and Grace certainly brings a smile to my face. The younger guests stayed entertained with games, such as the amazing giant connect-four game pictured above. [blockquote source=”Sharron”]I would definitely recommend activities for the children if doing it indoors particularly and to get them to all have fun together without causing too much ‘bored’ chaos![/blockquote] Read more about Jake’s Christening Story on our website!